Started on Mai 98.
Last major update: May 1999 ... will always remain simple :)
Here are a few PM and (even less) SE pointers.
I'm no expert in PM or SE, so use with caution. Some links are probably
not worth inclusion in a small index, other (good ones) are likely
missing. However, this page will get you started.
1. Indexes, FAQs, Associations, etc.
Think of Project Management (PM) and Software Engineering (SE) as two different
domains. However SE usually includes Project Management, and SE pages
seem to be of superior quality.
2. On-line Texts (Tutorials, Articles, Sites, etc.)
Charts: (PERT, Gantt, etc)
This does not belong here, will be moved some day.
- Identify your Team Player Style and other userful things :)
- epss.com an independent webzine providing WWW ressource for Electronic Performance Support Systems (EPSS), Performance Centered Design, and Knowledge Management
- superg A grading software project, Introduction to Software Engineering class at Wichita State
HELP ! I am looking for the best simple www-based open source system.
- Planner. Planner is a tool for planning, scheduling and tracking projects. Planner is an open source project targetting the GNOME Desktop. (2005)
- Mechanical Cat: Python Task Planner (2005) A simple task planner capable of * resource allocation * interruptions (holidays, etc) * HTML plan generation * HTML gantt chart generation
- PHPProjekt Free PHP Groupware, includes project management (some site info in German but supports 17 languages) (looks interesting)
- Achievo a flexible web-based resource management tool for business-environments. (GPL, php based, see also freshmeat entry) (looks interesting)
- eplanning Interesting client-side project. Freeware (needs IE 5 I think)
- Keystone A project tracking system (free for few user situations, was a decent product but seems to be dead now)
- Request Tracker GNU GPLed Php-based system (not tested, by recommended by the person who wrote keystone)
Project Schedular that reads a project description file and produces reports
(using Latex). Not tried, seems to work well but not appropriate for people
who are afraid of text input.
KProject was supposed to be part of KOffice developed within the Linux KDE desktop. Dead now ? What happend ?
TeamCenter One of the better commercial Java-based products it seems.
- Tutos, a tool to manage the the organizational needs of small groups, teams, departments ... (php/mysql freeware)
- wreq. A distributed request/problem tracking system with builtin knowledge database (free help desk app).
- Time Sheets for Networks
Time Sheets for Networks is a system that allows users to enter details of jobs or tasks completed into a central database, MySQL-based freeware, works.
- tallence workflow engine is a graphical, Web-based workflow designer based on Java 1.4. It is modelled after MVC-Pattern. It features Activities, AND-, OR-, EOR-, and XOR-Decisions, and a splitter. It is accessible via JSP-Taglib or via the Java-API