|Dao's InfoViz pointers is under perpetual construction... On this page you'll find pointers closely/broadly related to the topic of Information Visualization. I started this collection Jan-17-2000 with the explicit intention of learning more about InfoViz. [last update 2001, no longer updated / DKS / oct 2003 - see also the Links in the STAF18 Course portal. In the summer semester 2004 I will teach a course on visualization.] |
Dao's InfoViz pointers
KeyWord(s) : information visualization
Related topic(s) :
Definitions of InfoViz
InfoViz On-Line Ressources
InfoViz related Conferences
Teams working on InfoViz
- NASA's HumanFactors: Research and Technology
- The Human Factors Research and Technology Division supports human-centered design in complex aerospace information systems using experiments and models of human capabilities and human-machine interaction to enhance system safety, reliability and performance.
- Universität Kaiserslautern - AG ComputerGraphik und CAGD
- Data Analysis Group
- The purpose of the NAS Data Analysis Group is to research and apply advances in information systems technology to aid in the understanding of complex scientific data.
- Graphics, Visualization & Usability (GVU) Center
- Visualization and Virtual Reality Group (VVRG)
- The Visualization and Virtual Reality Group (VVRG) conducts research in visualization and virtual environment technologies in order to demonstrate the utility and feasibility of visual displays of information to industry and government.
- Information Technology Lab.
- Structural Informatics Group
- The University of Washington Structural Informatics Group is an interdisciplinary team of computer scientists, engineers and biologists, with emphasis on the development of methods for representing, managing, visualizing and utilizing information about the physical organization of the body.
- Electronic Visualisation Laboratory
- EVL is a graduate research laboratory specializing in virtual reality and real-time interactive computer graphics; it is a joint effort of UIC's College of Engineering and School of Art and Design, and represents the oldest formal collaboration between engineering and art in the country offering graduate degrees to those specializing in visualization.
- Macrofocus (Brodbeck and Girardin)
- Company for interactive visualization tools, including free City'O'Scope
Cognitive Psychology & Neuroscience stuff related to InfoViz
- The world´s first stereo 3D converter that makes it possible to show real 3D using standard LCD projectors.
- Wileman, R. E. (1993). Visual Communicating. Engelwood Cliffs, New Jersey: Educational Technology Publication.
- Lester, P. M. (2000). Visual Communication : Images with Messages. 2nd Edition, Wadsworth Publishing Company.
- Mitchell, W. J. & McCullough, M. (1995?). Digital Design Media. 2nd Edition, Wadsworth Publishing Company.
- Full on-line version...
Lots of links&stuff are missing on this page! Please tell me which... Dao
Last modified: Mon Feb 23 12:43:11 MET 2004