A biologist from TECFA
@ IMD 13 nov 2001
Allopatric speciation as model of evolution in distributed
allopatric-speciation model for groups > spéciation allopatrique
Definition : When a new species appears.
- The environnement changes : barriers separate
parts of the population -> 2 populations
- Glaciations : Alps / Pyreneas.
- Continents shifting.
- Any barrier that prevents reproduction :
No gene exchange
- -> flux of genes stopped between the
- Long term effect : 2 species Example: islands
- Sometimes remixing at edges
- Edge populations
are often different