The overall goal of SIGMA is to describe the programmes in Communication Sciences through European Countries. This project aims to support real and virtual mobilty in the frame of the post-Erasmus periode and programmes. 13 countries were involved in this project: AU, BE, CH, DE, DK, FR, IR, IT, NO, PT, SP, UK, SW.
The specifics objectives of the project are the follows:
- to prepare a national report describing the programmes available in each country at universitary level and non universitary level;
- to prepare an european report, offering a synthesis of the national reports and an evaluation of the Erasmus Programme and PICs related with domain 15.
- to organise a European Conference in Sienna (September 1995)in order to:
- disseminate the results of this project;
- analyse the future of Communication Sciences in Europe;
- prepare a proposal in the frame of SOCRATES Programme.