An AIBO is an Artificial Intelligence RoBot by Sony.
Our AIBO (ERS-7 M3W) is called "Fatec" (pronounced Fuhtech). Just got it while it was still possible (production of AIBO stops in March 2006)
[Jan 27 2006 - under construction]
Software / Programming
the Official AIBO SDE
AIBO SDE contains three SDKs(Software Development Kits) and one motion editor(AIBO Motion Editor).
- AIBO SDE (this is sony's NEW site where you can download software, no need to register anymore ....). Old was http://openr.aibo.com/openr/eng/regi/rule.php4
- R-CODE SDK is used with an easy-to-understand scripting language. You can use sensor data, variables, R-CODE's built-in commands, and more to program AIBO(ERS-7). Works over wireless LAN and read/write to AIBO PMS (Programmable Memory Stick) (16MB ERA-MS016).
- AIBO Remote Framework is used to create rich PC programs that interact with AIBO. For example, streaming camera data and microphone audio can be sent to a nearby PC, and you can send streaming audio data back to AIBO as well.
- The OPEN-R SDK is a cross-development environment based on gcc (C++) with which you can make software that works on AIBO
- ABrowser7 from aibohack.com. Allows personality tweaking
- YART from aibohack.com. simple drag-and-drop tool for customizing the behavior of existing YART-enabled personalities.
- UrbiForge , URBI is a Universal Real-time Behavior Interface and gives you a simple but powerful way to control any robot or complex system. Works with AIBO. Seems to be an interesting alternative to R-CODE.
Software is an URBI Server (on the DOG), a URBI Lab to run scrips (telnet frontend).
- WebDiary. An alternative to Mind3 / blogging by John Studebaker.
Examples / AIBO on the Net
Sales / Support
Useful Sites (of all sorts)
Daniel K. Schneider
Last modified: Mon Feb 20 11:01:06 CET 2006