Wie ? - Claparéde
Comment ? - Goethe !
Name of the Participants :
Rudolf Wein, (with perhaps other teachers) Goethe-Gymnasium, Bensheim
Bruno Rudolf von Rohr, Collège Claparède, Conches
Subject Matter :
German in Geneva
French in Germany
Type of Class :
Tenth grade of an "artistic class"
Type of School :
Collège Claparède, post-obligatory syllabus
Age of Students :
Motivation of the Teachers :
Why do teachers use CMC ?
- To try and integrate German language lessons in a more global perspective;
- To convey skills to the student that are applicable outside of the classroom;
- To help students to work collaboratively and co-operatively;
- To involve the learner in the process of his learning by giving him the means (as much as possible) to control by himself the way he wants to learn;
- To combine learning of a foreign language into a real communication process in order to free this learning from too specifically school-bound constraints;
- To help students be motivated by their learning and take a personal control of it.
Since when ?
- Since 18 months, on a personal motivation. In my class it is a first try at ICT.
What do the teachers appreciate in these activities ?
- The ease of use, if and when communication facilities are open.
Objectives of the Project :
Duration of the Project :
From January to June 1997
To begin with, the project is completely integrated within the syllabus. Later on, may evolve into an autonomous experiment.
The school's computer lab
Length of the Observation :
Not decided yet
Mr Bruno Rudolf-von-Rohr
last update: 31.7.98; pdf