This page contains overview information, refer to the official eTeach-Net site for more information. As soon as courses are put in production there will be links to different teaching-sites run by various partners.
Duration: November 2004 + 24 month.
is a joint Swiss virtual campus project involving 9 higher education institutions in Switzerland (UniGE, UniSG, UniBS, USI, ETHZ, SUPSI, BFH, FHNW, ZFH) and also training organizations. The major objective of the project is to develop reusable teaching modules about technical, pedagogical and didactic concepts of e-teaching. These modules will mainly be integrated into the curricula of postgraduate studies: For example a sequence of five modules will be part of a course for the International Engineering Educator Diploma (ING-PAED IGIP); another module will be integrated into a master course on Human Resources Management; a further module on virtual projects will be an integral part of a master degree in educational technologies. Some of the material will also be used for faculty development (in particular by partners from support structures). In order to enhance retention and transfer, some of the resources will also be set up and made available as follow-up of the courses.
The following modules will be produced by our various partners:
TECFA is the workpackage leader for module M7 on project-oriented learning teaching.
This module (M7) will be offered as a chargeable course in blended format. Students will work with the same kind of software that they will use later with their own students for project-oriented teaching (e.g. Moodle or PostNuke). Learning materials will be produced either with a wiki (based on the media-wiki engine) or papers stored in a CERN document server [URLs will be available later].
- M1 - General Introduction to eLearning (SUPSI): The module gives an introduction to basic concepts of education theory, and their application combined with basic tools for e-learning.
- M2 - Virtual Lab Environments (ETHZ): Based on an advanced course in 'Signals and Systems' this module teaches how to set up a virtual lab environment. The module uses tools like Matlab Simulink, Real Time Workshop, or Java.
- M3 - Multimedia Workshop (SUPSI): Pedagogical and technical Introduction to fundamentals of audio, image and video technique, with practical and didactical implementation
- M4 - Design & Management (USI): The module helps participants to design, implement and manage e-learning activities. A strong emphasis will be put onto the integration of ICT into a given learning curriculum
- M5 - Tutoring & Collaboration (UniSG): Based on selected cases and texts the module aims at describing various forms of tutoring. Several concepts will be discussed, such as diagnosis, monitoring, scaffolding or modelling within autonomous training
- M6 - Problem Based Learning (BFH/TECFA): This module introduces basic concepts of problem based learning, and demonstrates the potential of ICT with several cases and life experiments
- M7 - Virtual Projects (TECFA/BFH): Projects have become the common element of almost any work activity. The module introduces methods and tools for the efficient organization and management of project-based teaching
- M8 - Strategy & Quality (FHBB): Only if objectives and strategies are clear, quality assessment and evaluation activities can be adequately carried out. This module is oriented towards decision makers and administrative staff
The SEED Team @ TECFA:
Partner sites & official Eteach-Net home
is the official web site for the project. Run by ELab (SUPSI/USI) in southern Switzerland..
Last modified: Tue May 31 14:07:26 MEST 2005