WWW5 Workshop on VEs and the WWW
Fifth International World Wide Web
1. Discussion Server
A WWW-based discussion/annotation forum at
http://spsyc.nott.ac.uk:5555 has been used to
prepare the workshop and to organize activities after the workshop.
Original papers prepared by the participants are integrated into
its "Living Document System".
This Forum is open for everybody interested in Virtual Environments.
Includes: Home pages of some participants, a list of guest,
original papers, pointers to "Living Document System" versions
of papers, link to a FTP directories with Postscript files.
A copy of the page sent to the organizers
(Yes we just might merge the 2 lists after the workshop).
4. Issues extracted from the position papers
Issues can be viewed in various ways in the Living Document System.
E.g. they can be found by looking at the
Position Paper List
the issue overview.
5. Discussion Material
Discussion Material for the 9 group discussions can be produced
from the Group Discussion Page
or from the above issues list. Participants did receive the printed version
(see the list below) as handouts.
- A-1: Information Representation,
- A-2: User Interfaces and Clients, chaired by
- A-3: Integration of the 'real world', chaired by
Doree Duncan Seligmann
- B-1: Spatial Organisation and Navigability, chaired by
- B-2: Collaboration and CSCW in VEs, chaired by
- B-3: Large Scale systems and distributed architectures, chaired by
- C-1: Community (Users, Social Aspects, Evolution etc), chaired by
Rob van der Haar
- C-2: Integration of the WWW, chaired by
- C-3: Objects in collaborative Work, chaired by
chaired by Jay M. Williams
6. Workshop Results
Workshop results are not available yet (May 20 1996), but some transcripts
UP to TecfaMOO project