enCore Change Log
June 18, 2000. enCore 2.1.1
- Fixed a missing character substitution in $xpress_navigator:menu_html. Thanks to William Painter for pointing out this problem.
- Fixed an issue with $xpress_client:check_moo_mail that broke login for players.
- To prevent future issues with the above I made $frand_class the default $player_class and rewrote $administration_module:view_html so that all new player objects made with Xpress will be based on $frand_class by default. Thanks to Roy Kennedy and others on the enCore-list for bringing this issue to our attention.
June 9, 2000. enCore version 2.1
- Removed $web_slate. This object is no longer being supported by its developer and does no longer work.
- Modified the locking system so that it works properly with Xpress. This required modifications to several _html verbs.
- Modified the generic classroom so that objects such as recorders placed on tables pick up conversation.
- Added new command @hide that allows players not to be listed in the who listing if they wish. Modification to $player:@who required.
- Fixed a problem with $guest:do_reset that caused guest accounts not to be properly reset.
- Added a fix to #0:"do_out_of_band_command" so MacMOOSE and tkMOO works properly with enCore. Thanks to Stephen Ashley for contributing this fix.
- Modified $xpress_navigator:menu_html to add button for the VASE system.
- Added Jason Nolan's Virtual Assignment Server Environment (VASE). This system consists of three new core objects, $assignment_server, $assignment, and $assignment_help. For more info see http://achieve.forestry.utoronto.ca/vase/. Thanks to Jason Nolan and Matthew Beerman for contributing the VASE system to the enCore project.
April 1, 2000. enCore version 2.0.6
This patch addresses certain compatibility issues with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Macintosh which was released on 03/26/00. The fixes in this patch makes Xpress work with this browser. There are, however, a few outstanding issues. See below.
- Fixed a bug in $Xpress_Navigator:MOO_log that I overlooked in the last patch.
- Fixed an MSIE 5.0 Mac compatibility issue in $xpress_moo_mailer:compose.
- Removed reference to Netscape Live Audio plug-in in $player:quick_edit.
- Updated the Xpress FAQ with information about MSIE 5.0 Mac.
Outstanding issues with MSIE 5.0 Mac
- MSIE 5 uses the default sans-serif font to override page specified fonts in all forms. This means that in the default setup, ASCII drawings look skewed in the Xpress Editors. I have never encountered this problem in any other browser. Workaround: Use a monospace font such as Courier as default sans-serif font.
- Save to disk in the Notebook and Log applications is broken. MSIE 5 Mac uses a download manager to fetch files and documents. So far I have not been able to find a solution to this problem. Workaround: Save via email instead.
March 25, 2000. enCore version 2.0.5
- Fixed a permission issue with $player.Xpress_Notebook and $player.Xpress_Log. Both properties are now -rc
- Removed the following verbs $encore_web_utils:text_save_options $Xpress_Navigator:log_options and $encore_web_application:generate_plain_text. A revised save to disk system makes these verbs obsolete. The property $httpd.text_mime_types was removed for the same reason. See below.
- Added properties $player.Xpress_Confunc_Msg, $Xpress_Client.MOTD_Msg, $Xpress_Client.MOTD_viewer_list, $Xpress_MOO_Mailer.messages_to_display. The MOTD (Message of the day) properties are not being used right now, but was added in preparation for new features in an upcoming version.
- Added a series of reserved characters and words to $player_db.reserved
- Modified $encore_web_utils:form so that 'simple' forms beginning with only a FORM tag is no longer possible. This was done to ensure that all forms are received as POSTs by Xpress.
- Rewrote $xpress_navigator:MOO-Log to fix problems with lost logs. The new system should prevent loss of data.
- Updated $Xpress_Navigator:Xpress_Notebook to take advantage of new features. See below.
- Wrote a new system that allows the Log and Notebook applications to save data to disk or via email. Contents in these applications can now also be erased. New verb $xpress_Navigator:save_via_email was added.
- Fixed a small issue with $Xpress_MOO_Mailer:sendmail where the subject was included as the first line of the mail message.
- Added new verb $Xpress_client:Xpress_Confunc. This verb is used to generate various login messages when users connect with Xpress. Called from $xpress_client:menu_html.
- Updated $player:reset_xpress_session. This verb now informs players about aborted logs next time they log in.
- Fixed an issue with $encore_web_utils:make_sound that caused certain browser plug-ins to throw exceptions. Thanks to Matthew Beermann for suggesting this fix.
- Added Matthew Beermann's update to $encore_web_utils:detect_urls. URLs that are already marked up will now be ignored.
- Added a new verb $Xpress_MOO_Mailer:permission_to_read that provides authentication services to Xpress MOO Mailer verbs.
- Rewrote the Xpress Mailer so that only a certain number of messages in a mail box is displayed at any given time. A quick access menu is automatically generated to provide easy access to other messages in the mail box. This update required modifications in $Xpress_MOO_Mailer:contents_html, $Xpress_MOO_Mailer:folders_html, and $xpress_MOO_mailer:view_html.
- Modified $Xpress_property_editor:set_property_html once again. This time I believe the problems related to player names and aliases has been properly adressed through the addition of $Xpress_property_editor:rename and the modification of $player_db:why_bad_name and $encore_web_class:quick_edit.
- Added Matthew Beermann's new version of $encore_web_utils:parse_url that makes it possible for non-$encore_web_applications to have web-enabled verbs other than :_html, so long as they are +x and end in _html
- Updated the following help texts to reflect changes in this version: $encore_help.logging, $encore_help.notebook, and $encore_help.quick_editing.
February 13, 2000. enCore version 2.0.4
- Fixed a problem with $xpress_client:character_application_html so that information in the form is preserved in case the chosen name is already taken and the form has to be returned to user.
- Modified $xpress_property_editor:main_html call $encore_web_application:blank_html.
- Fixed a rather serious bug in $xpress_property_editor:set_property_html where player names were not treated as special cases, and thus, were not updated in the $player_db. This led to problems with page @join etc for folks who had changed their names using Xpress. Wrote a small utility verb that fixes current name problems.
- Fixed an elusive bug in $encore_web_utils:form where forms were not sent with method POST specified. This caused certain clients such as MSIE to truncate long posts. Thanks to Roxanne Mountford and the OldPuebloMOO wiz team for bringing this to our attention. This should also solve the problems Windows users have had with compiling long verbs and saving long texts.
- The bugfix above led to three other problem with $encore_web_utils:parse_multipart_form_data. 1) Had to trim off leading and trailing quote marks added by the sending client. 2) Had to set the verb - d (-debug) to prevent it from throwing a Range Error 3) Had to comment out an if-statement that began to return empty strings as empty lists. My tests have not yet produced any problems after these changes, but since this is such a crucial verb, it is possible that we'll run into situation that cause problems. Will have to keep an eye on this.
- Modified $who_browser:main_html so that the window closes automatically when clicking on a player name in the who-listing.
- Updated copyright notices in $xpress_client:display_login_page, $encore_web_utils:generate_head and #0.license.
- Modified $player:quick_edit so that it won't show encrypted old password. Some folks have claimed that the old way was confusing.
- Modified $quota_utils:bi_create to avoid an obscure bug that causes $builder:_create and $quota_utils:bi_create to start calling each other in a loop only terminated by the Too many verb calls exception. Thanks to Roxanne Mountford and the OldPuebloMOO wiz team for bringing this to my attention.
- Adjusted certain window sizes to make them larger and better looking in Microsoft Windows.
November 28, 1999. enCore version 2.0.3
- Set Xpress Who Browser to use available screen height by default.
- Rewrote $moderated_room. Added verb _html, and modified :announce_question and :look_self. In the new system it's easier to see who is in the panel and who's in the auditorium. Thanks to Traci Gardner and Eric Crump for suggesting this.
- Modified $recorder so folks can make their recording devices private or public as needed. Thanks to Al Rea for this suggestion.
- Fixed a bug in $encore_web_utils:parse_url_encoded_form_data
- Fixed a bug in $who_browser:main_html
- Added verb @beep by Noel Davis. Users can now use system beep to get each other's attention.
- Fixed a bug in $player:check_arrive_and_depart_msgs that printed wrong message. Thanks to Gary Stringer for finding this.
- - Fixed a long standing issue with $xpress_verb_editor:edit_html that caused arguments not to be changed correctly. Thanks to Gary Stringer for tracking it down.
- Updated help messages for $recorder and $moderated room to reflect the changes mentioned above.
- Sindre Sørensen has updated the MOOtcan telnet applet to version 0.1.16. Sindre's changelog follows below. The complete source for MOOtcan can be found on Sindre's site at http://cmc.uib.no/~sindre/mootcan/
- Fixes modes to not issue a command if nothing in addition to command is entered.
- First checkbox is always enabled
October 10, 1999. enCore version 2.0.2
The bug addressed in this patch was introduced with version 2.0.1 of enCore, and should only affect MOOs that has been upgraded to that version. If you upgrade your MOO to version 2.0.1 you must also apply the 2.0.2 patch to avoid the problem described below.
- Fixed a bug in $guest:do_reset that prevented guest accounts from being properly reset and freed up for new use.
- Wrote a small temporary verb that will run through all guest accounts and reset them to their default state.
October 4, 1999. enCore version 2.0.1
- Changelog started
- new button to allow choosing between normal / talk / emote - modes
- inputarea: pressing page down will give a new blank line, but keep the old one in history for later usage
- users will be told when connection can't be made, due to firewalls etc
- compability with java-1.0.2 is probably good
- Page Up / Page Down works in all browsers
June 1, 1999, High Wired enCore version 2.0
- Wrote a new Xpress Bookmark manager under $administration_module
- Rewrote $xpress_manager:bookmarks_html to use the new system
- Added user note book and log applications to $xpress_navigator
- Added support for mime types other than "text/html" and wrote verbs for downloading pages to disk.
- Added a try-except construct to $httpd:execute_httpd_request to catch trace backs and present users with an Internal Server Error page instead.
- Fixed a bug in $encore_web_utils:get_icon and $encore_web_object:_html which caused Internet Explorer not to display images and icons properly.
- Rewrote $encore_web_utils:generate_table to include tags for Cell width. This should speed up display of MOO objects with tables quite a bit.
- Fixed a bug in $encore_web_utils:make_sound whiched caused sounds to loop indefintly on some systems.
- Added a link to the enCore home page in the Xpress tool bar.
- Fixed some display issues with Windows browsers.
- Made all windows and frames non-resizable to prevent loss of data due to reloads and Browser crashes due to resizing.
- Wrote new help texts for:
- Started a new enCore Xpress FAQ web page linked from the MOO login page.
Thanks to Klaus Schwienhorst and Juli Burk for comments and bug reports.
May 16, 1999, High Wired enCore version 2.0b12
- Added new routine, $encore_web_utils:is_HTTP09_accessible, for determining whether web pages from the MOO is to be authenticated or not.
- Fixed bugs in $httpd:execute_http_request and $httpd:authenticate introduced in beta 11.
- Fixed a bug in $who_browser:main_html
- Fixed a bug in $xpress_client:menu_html
- Rewrote $help_browser:help_contents_html to sort help items alphabetically.
- Fixed bugs in $xpress_moo_mailer:folders_html and contents_html
- Reorganized the text in $xpress_client:display_login_page
- Fixed a bug in $moderated_room:look_self
- Modified the object editor to allow new users to connect their first room to a pre-defined room_connection_point. Valid connection points should be stored in #0.room_connection_points
- Rewrote the MOO administration module to allow for easy multiple account creation.
- Fixed a bug in $xpress_verb_editor:edit_html
- Modified $xpress_property_editor:set_property_html so that it returns the page a user was working on after save.
- Updated help texts $encore_help.macintosh_troubleshooting and $bot.help_msg
- Fixed several outstanding bugs in $administration_module:core_preferences_html
- Modified $player:quick_edit to allow users to specify link, visited link and active link colors.
Thanks to Jill Walker, Dene Grigar and Jason Nolan for bug reports and comments.
April 23, 1999, High Wired enCore version 2.0b11
- Added a check to $wiz:@configure to make sure the Xpress base URL ends with a forward slash. Thanks for Jason Nolan for pointing this out.
- Fixed a bug in the Xpress MOO mailer that caused the mail reader window to be drawn incorrectly
- Fixed bugs in $administration_module that prevented character info to be modified.
- Fixed a bug in the $administration_module core configuration page so certain login properties are set correctly. Thanks to Ken Tompkins.
- Fixed a bug in $guest:do_reset so that the display_drawings property is reset correctly. Thanks to Matthew Campbell for pointing this out.
- Fixed a bug in $xpress_client:java_html so MOOtcan will display different font sizes. Thanks to Sindre Sørensen.
- Reorganized the Login Page to clarify system requirements.
- Reorganized the way icons are set and displayed. Allowed for users to specify custom icons in the object editor.
- Added controls for image/embedded content and icon heights and widths to the object editor.
- Fixed a bug in $recorder:play
- Added new help item, Collaborative Web Browsing
- Made it possible not to display of ascii graphics in Xpress if images are present.
- Added enCore Xpress copyright notice to menubar.
April 15, 1999, High Wired enCore version 2.0b10
- Wrote and installed the new enCore Xpress web server and MOO client system. The system consists of the following new objects:
- Wrote new set of help texts for $encore_help. Distributed in separate file
- Complete re-write of $httpd to make it HTTP/1.0 compliant
- Wrote several new utility verbs on $encore_web_utilities
- Completely overhauled existing enCore 1.1 web code.
- Designed whole new set of icons and buttons to be used with enCore Xpress
- Sindre Sørensen wrote a new telnet applet for Xpress named MOOtcan
Special thanks to Sindre Sørensen for invaluable contributions to this version of enCore.
October 19, 1998, High Wired enCore version 1.1
- Installed support code for the MCP/2.1 protocol. The following objects were created and installed: Generic message dispatch object, Generic MCP package, mcp-negotiate, mcp-cord, MCP 2.1 parser, MCP 2.1 session, MCP package registry, and MCP 2.1. Thanks to Ken Fox and Andrew Wilson for the contribution of this code.
- Updated $player:@about with new information on MCP if installed.
- Fixed bugs in $wiz:@configure
- Added new verb $player:@doing and modified $code_utils:show_who_listing to include new information in @who listings. $player:"name title" was also updated
April 15, 1998, High Wired enCore version 1.0
- Updated $player_start.core_description
- Updated core welcome screen
- Added property #0.nowhere and moved $character_request_room there
- Initialized properties on enCore web class, and added new prop table width
- Moved property .time from $news_item to $note, and added new property .author_name on note.
- Updated $note:set_text to timestamp notes and record author name
- Fixed bug in $character_request_room:init_for_core
- Updated $player:page to add support for enhanced page and remote emote options as well as quick reply
- Updated $encore_web_utils:generate_head
- Updated $httpd:_html
- Rewrote $encore_web_class:_html
- Rewrote $room:_html to use new table function
- Updated $container:_html
- Fixed missing font and size in $player:_html, and $note:_html
- Added _html verb to $news
- Added _html verb to $recorder
- Added verb insert_line_breaks to $encore_web_utils
- Completely rewrote $encore_web_utils:generate_table to make it more flexible
- Updated $encore_utils:make_table
- Added verb read to $encore_utils
- Wrote new verb $encore_web_class:@webpreferences to make it simple for users to set web preferences for their objects
- Renamed $wiz:@core-setup to @configure-core and updated it with options for new guest name system
- Added Rui Miguel Barbosa Pinto's verb @generic-kids to $prog
- Fixed bug in $channel_fo:@xswitch
- Fixed bug in $webpage:description
- Updated $builder:@create with an easy to use creation menu. Type @create without arguments to use the menu instead of the command line
- Wrote new verb on $note called "copy paste". This verb was written to simplify editing of notes.
- Updated $player:@about
- Wrote and corified new Generic Note Board object. This new note noard will accept real notes that may also be read from the web via the enCore web interface. This new generic replaces the old note board in enCore 1.0.
- Wrote new system that will allow guests to select their own names instead of using the predefined names. System is off by default and must be enabeled with the @configure-core command.
- For new guest system #0:user_connected and $guest:do_reset was modified, and new verb $guest:set_guest_name was added. The following properties was also added: #0.real_guest_names, #0.guest_name_suffix, $guest.default_name, and $guest.default_aliases
- Renamed $guide to MOOniversity Lite
- Updated the in-MOO homepage ($homepage)
- Updated the High Wired enCore administrator's guide ($readme), and renamed it to enCore Administrators Guide.
February 7, 1998, High Wired enCore BETA 4
- Updated the MOO User Guide ($guide), the Administrators Guide ($readme) and the MOO homepage ($homepage).
- Created new utilities packages, $encore_utils and $encore_web_utils.
- Created new class $encore_web_class for web related verbs and properties
- Inserted a call to $command_utils:suspend_if_needed in $object_utils:decendents to prevent it from running out of ticks
- Added new utility verbs @mvprop and @renprop on $wiz. Thanks to Rui Miguel Barbosa Pinto (a.k.a. Dominus@Atlantis)
- Rewrote the enCore web inteface to v 2.0 to add more functionality such as completely user-customizable HTML layout of objects, support for sound, streamed audio and video, graphics, animations, java, page header and footer, object icons and more. Web interface specific changes:
- Chparented $player, $room, $thing, and $exit to $enCore_web_class
- Moved property #1.url_address to $encore_web_class
- Moved _html, view, display and connect from #1 to $encore_web_class
- Added a number of layout properties to $encore_web_class, $room, and $httpd. Please see @display $encore_web_class., @d $room., and @d $httpd. for details.
- Renamed $httpd:get to generate_html
- Rewrote all _html verbs on $encore_web_class, $thing, $room, $note, $container, $webpage for new functionality and flexibility.
- Wrote several new verbs web utility verbs on $enCore_web_utils: Please see @d $encore_web_utils: for details
- Installed SR Porter v 4.6 (MOO code porting feature) by Michael Thompson Corified as $SR_porter
- Installed IRC-style in-MOO chat channel features. Corified as $channel and $channel_FO. Wrote help for both objects. Thanks to Mark Blanchard for code contribution.
- Installed Generic Gopher Slate, Generic Web Slate, and Webslate Utilities, corified as $gopher_slate, $web_slate, and $webslate_utils. Thanks to Nils McCarthy
- Updated $recorder:stop_recorder to take advantage of the new auto HTML markup features in the enCore web interface.
- Wrote and installed new verb @preferences on $player. This verb will make it easier for users to set all their preferences at once with an easy to use interface.
- Rewrote @core-setup on $wiz to allow users to change core settings after it has been customized.
- Renamed $player:time to "time date" and added time zone information
- Updated $classroom:look_self to show drawings properly
- Updated $player:@uptime to include checkpoint information
- Wrote new verb on $wiz @make-mail-list to make creation of in-MOO mailing lists easier to handle.
- Wrote new command $player:@about that display vital server and database information.
- Wrote new user account administration feature for wizards. $account_admin_FO
- Wrote and installed $public_writable_note, which will let anybody write on it. Authors can be anonymous or identified.
- Added call to $command_utils:suspend_if_needed() in $room:announce, $room:announce_all, and $room:announce_all_but to prevent them from running out of ticks when there are many people in a room.
- Wrote and installed Generic Room Directory, corified as $room_directory
- Renamed $stage_talk:to to "`* to". Dash, -, no longer works for directed speech.
- Renamed $player:page to "page -* '* +*". This was done to add quickpage - and ', and remote emote +.
- Added verb $time_utils:short format
- Changed $player:titlec to tell if a player is asleep or how long he or she has been idle.
- Wrote new verbs $player:"@kn*ock @inv*ite @busy"
- Added $builder:@histogram, verb for graphical display of quota usage. Thanks to Jorge Barrios for code contribution.
- Added $lag_meter, $census_FO, $SR_porter, $account_adm_FO as default features for $wiz
- Added init_for_core verbs to the following objects: $wiz, $lag_meter, $census_FO, $account_admin_FO, $SR_porter, $gopher_slate, $web_slate, $public_writable_note, $room_directory, $channel, and $channel_FO.
December 17, 1997, High Wired enCore BETA 3C
- Added verb $biglist:_call
- Updated $biglist:find_ord
- Updated $biglist:_find_ord
- Updated $biglist:_skill
November 4, 1997. High Wired enCore BETA 3B
- Added alias who to $player:@who
- Added calls to $room:tell_exits in $moderated_room and $classroom. All generic rooms will now report exits if the property tell_exits on the room is set to 1 which it is by default.
- Fixed bug in $frand_class:@go
- Fixed a bug that caused trace backs from $moderated_room:tell_contents
- Changed default player class to $frand_class
- Updated $wiz:@core-setup to ask for personal info and force the player to set a password for #2
- Modified $classroom:`* to accept the verbs `*, -*, and to
- Removed $stage_talk:` and renamed it to $stage_talk:"`* -* to". This was done in order to avoid confusion among users with regard to output.
October 26, 1997. High Wired enCore BETA 3A
Note: Version BETA 3A is identical to version BETA 3, with the exception that the BioGate System is no longer included in the core.
- Wrote new @core-setup verb that will guide new administrators through the initialization of the MOO database.
- Added properties, core_version, core_name, core_copyright, and core_ homepage to #0.
- Removed $frand_class:@join
- Renamed @htmlview verb on $player to @htmlcode
- Updated $room:_html
- Modified $player:@set-note-text.
- Added new verb @email to $wiz. Will let administrators send $note objects as email from the MOO.
- Modified $network:return_address_for to return real name and email address if !$anonymous_users
- Added verb @code to $prog. Will list verb code without line numbers
- Added verb @properties to $prog. List all properties on an object
- Fixed a bug in $build_options:"parse_dig_room parse_dig_exit"
- Fixed a bug in $frand_class:@go. Thanks to Craig Struble
- Added $stage_talk:to
- Added $stage_talk:bb
- Added $stage_talk:think
- Fixed bug in $wiz:@make-guest
- Installed Outsput Suspension and Delimiter system by John Towell and Gustavo Glusman. By adding the following verbs #0:do_command, $player:>> $code_utils:queued_tasks_matching, $player:"say emote", and $player:@delimiter and by modifying $player:notify
- Modified $player:@version
- Added lag meter as feature object
- Added Gustavo Glusman's Census Feature
- Added Juli Burk's Aloha/Lei verbs to $soc_verbs
- Added and corified Box of Educational Tools, useful for storing edu tools in.
- Added new $guest:@request system with $guest_request_list and $guest_ request_room.
- Added init_for_core verbs to the following objects: $tool_box, $news, $news_ item, $readme, $guide, $recording_system, $intercom, $moderated_room, $bot, $classroom, $slide_projector, $camera, $vcr, $tv, $tape, $tape_library, $prog_tutorial, $recitable_note, $lecture, $webpage, $homepage, $recoder, $web_projector, $note_board, $guest_request_list, and $guest_request_room.
- Updated the High Wired ReadMe file and Beginners Guide to MOOing.
August 18, 1997. High Wired enCore-BETA 2
- Renamed the following core properties: $sysobj.tape-library to tape_library $sysobj.news-item to news_item, and $sysobj.prog-tutorial to prog_tutorial.
- Removed the verbs $builtin_function_help:init_for_core and $server_options:www
- Modified $login:init_for_core so that automatic character creation is now disabled.
- Added social verbs feature to $guest
- Installed the High Wired Beginner's Guide to MOOing, corified as $guide
- Updated the enCore readme file
- Updated the in-MOO homepage
- Added room database and fixed @go to work with room names.
- Wrote and installed @boot command on $wiz.
- Added new look_self verb on guest that tells people where the guest is logging in from
- Updated $wiz_utils:do_register to include real name information.
- Rewrote $wiz_utils:send_new_player_mail to include more information, and to have the Beginner's Guide to MOOing ($guide) sent to all new players along with their username and password.
- Installed @find-name command on $player. Will let you search for people's real names.
- Added verb start_server to $httpd. (This verb was formerly $server_options:www) Thanks to Matthew Campbell for his suggestion to move this verb.
- Updated $httpd:index to include a hits counter on the $homepage.
- Wrote and installed the following init_for_core verbs: $guest:init_for_core, $httpd:init_for_core, $guide:init_for_core, $room_db:init_for_core, $recording_system:init_for_core, $intercom:init_for_core, $moderated_room:init_for_core, $recorder:init_for_core, and $note_board:init_for_core
- Installed the following verbs written by Matthew Campbell: $object_utils:"fertile_objects fertile_objects_suspended", $root_class:init_for_core, $player:init_for_core, $login:init_for_core, $building_utils:init_for_core, $new_prog_log:init_for_core, $quota_log:init_for_core, $mail_recipient_class:init_for_core, $feature:init_for_core, $frand_class:init_for_core, #0:server_started, $news:init_for_core, $vcr:init_for_core, $tv:init_for_core, $tape_library:init_for_core, $login_watcher:init_for_core, $soc_verbs:init_for_core, and $readme:init_for_core.
August 10, 1997. High Wired enCore-BETA 1
- Fixed problem with the help system. (Thanks to Kristian Fuglevik for pointing this out)
- Fixed problem with features on $player
- Moved High Wired enCore Readme to $news
- Wrote new welcome screen
- Updated and expanded the MOO homepage ($homepage)
July 31, 1997. Changed name from eduCore to High Wired enCore.
July 25, 1997. High Wired enCore-BETA. First Public Release
The High Wired enCore is built on the Feb 02 version of LambdaCore
- Wrote new core login screen
- Added #0:checkpoint_started and #0:checkpoint_finished
- Removed Mr. Spell (#32) and replaced it with the WWW System Object
- Added _html verbs to #1, $note, $container, $room, and $player
- Added the verb www to $server_options
- Installed Generic Web Page and added the verb @html to $player so that s/he can toggle between html source code view and normal view.
- Wrote and installed MOO home page. Corified as $homepage
- Updated #0:server_started to call $server_options:www
- Installed and moved to container-based News system
- Added verb $room:tell_exits, and updated $room:look_self so that exits show up in room descriptions
- Updated $builder:@recycle to better protect against accidental recycling of objects
- Added $player:"@join join" and $player:"@time time"
- Installed Generic Recording System with Intercom Device
- Installed Generic Moderated Room (Auditorium)
- Installed Generic Classroom
- Installed Generic Bot
- Installed Generic Slide Projector
- Installed Generic Camera, VCR, TV, Tape, Tape Library and Ken's Programming Tutorial Part 1
- Installed Generic Recitable Note
- Installed Generic Lecture Device
- Installed Login Watching Feature
- Installed Amy Bruckman's MacMOOSE_utils version 1.0b1MOO
- Installed Generic Web Projector
- Installed Support for Ken Schweller's Surf and Turf Java-based MOO client.
- Modified #1:description to integrate Surf and Turf with the MOO's Web interface.
- Wrote $player:"@research @interests" verb
- Modified $wiz_utils:make_player to record real name information if given
- Added property anonymous_users to #0 to allow administrators to choose whether users in the MOO should be anonymous or not. In non-anonymous mode users can use the verbs finger, @whois, or @info to get information on other users.
- Changed the use of the word player to name and person in the @who and @@who listings.
- Installed Social Verbs Feature and Login Watcher and made these features along with Stage Talk and Pasting Feature default for all new characters
- Modified #1:look_self to allow for ascii maps and drawings to be stored in a separate property, #1.drawing.
- Added time-stamping of verbs.
- Wrote and installed recording and playback device.
- Wrote and implemented new command @search on $player.
- Wrote and installed simple Generic Note Board.
- Wrote enCore-README file with installation instructions and other info.
- Added manners property to $help.