Next: This is *not* an
Previous: The birth of TECFAMOO
Creation of TECFAMOO has been started in fall 1994 without precise
purpose. It seemed to us that MOO technology had a promise for several
purposes and and it seemed appropriate to have a MOO handy that could
be used whenever needed. Since TECFA's mission is research and
education in Educational Technology such an ``exploratory stance''
could easily justify the investment needed.
What could we use our MOO for ?
- The MOO as internal communication tool. See for instance
- Support for international exchange Research and Development:
A project (see 4.1.2)
on using TECFAMOO for various
research groups in Education Technology has started in April 95.
- Virtual Cafes, i.e. place where people from various fields
can meet in an informal way.
- Collaborative work
- Tutorial support for semi-distance class-room teaching: This item
is of interest for our
diploma in educational technology.
- Tutorial support for distance teaching
- Environments for ``Just-in-Time-Open Learning'', e.g. resource
- Educational Environments (Learning by doing)
- The MOO as information tool
- A Spatial Integrator for Information Retrieval and Exchange: This becomes
a very ``hot'' topic for ``webbed'' MOOs. See for instance one of
articles (e.g. [Dieberger et Tromp, 1993],
and [Dieberger, 1994b]) for a general discussion of ``spatial'' hyper media.
- ``Exhibition of activities'', related to the previous item this means
that organizations can build virtual information centers on the MOO.
- Interesting other issues
- Dynamics of interactions in a virtual space
- Social and Political issues in virtual worlds
- The Mud as a new form of literature
[... more to come, look at the table of contents instead ;) ]
Daniel K. Schneider
vendredi, 16 février 1996, 13:41:58 MET