Next: MOOs for Research Work
Up: Topology and Navigation
Previous: Building on CollegeTown
There are a few basic rules for building in the TECFAMOO which
builders should follow:
- The topology of Geneva has to be vaguely respected.
- Certain types of activities should be restricted to certain
areas. The major focus of this MOO is exchange in educational
technology, education and research. However other activities are
- All major education and research activities should take place in
the virtual "Geneva Basin" (see the next page). They will be
connected with a room (currently the "underground corridor") or
a similar ``direct access'' artifact.
- Strange stuff can be added, but preferrably "outside" of Geneva.
An airport, a trainstation and such will be provided.
Education and Research Activities in the TECFAMOO are centered around
a few areas. Currently, there are several sites planned for such
People form the U of Geneva (including TECFA) should use the
locations of their real buildings (although they may be enhanced).
- All teaching on MOO using/building/programming etc. should go to the
- Educational Technology, i.e. our domain", is in and behind TECFA.
see the EduTech exit in the underground corridor
- The Forest Campus. Meet Dave_E for more information!
- Space for an International Virtual University is provided at IVC (in
Archamps, a place over the border in France). You can build as you
like (maybe we should fix a few rules for that place).
- Other stuff can be negotiated of course.
Daniel K. Schneider
vendredi, 16 février 1996, 13:41:58 MET