7 FrameMaker Style Recommendations
To make a FrameMaker document easy to convert to HTML, you need to use certain style guidelines within the FrameMaker document. The guidelines are:
- Use paragraph and character tags consistently.
- Put graphics in anchored frames.
- Use FrameMaker cross references to make any references to other parts of the document.
- Use FrameMaker's autonumbering for text that needs to be numbered.
- Use heading levels consistently.
- Ensure that master pages contain only page layout information.
- For documents with more than one text flow, ensure that the text flows are in the order that WebMaker expects.
- Consider imported graphics resolution.
- Attach anchored frames to their own paragraphs.
The first five style guidelines are generally considered good FrameMaker style. The last four style guidelines reflect how WebMaker works.